Monday, April 7, 2014

Tailor Made

Stephen being measured by the tailor

One of the nurses from the hospital is getting married this month. As part of the celebration, everyone buys the same pagne (length of cloth) and has an outfit made.  This will be our first wedding to attend here in Congo, and it will be interesting to see the process.

Our first step was to order the wedding pagne.  Then we had one of our employees, who is also a tailor come by to take measurements.

I wanted to see what my style options were, so I asked him to bring some pictures the next day.  He obliged, but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.  He showed me a pencil drawing of the one shirt I could pick and the one skirt I could pick.  Well, I guess I'll take those!  No deliberation needed.

Now we are waiting to see the finished results...
The wedding pagne

2 comments:

Kate said...

I know you all don't know me, but I spent about 8 months last year in Impfondo working at HELP. I'm so glad you all are back serving there. You were greatly missed! If you think of it, tell Corentin Kate says hi. Have fun with the new clothes and God bless! -Kate Barry

P.S. Who's getting married?

Anna said...

Thanks, Kate. :) Even though we didn't get a chance to meet you, we have heard a lot of good things about you from people here. Bernadette is getting married, and then moving. It will be sad to see her go.