Monday, September 1, 2014

POTD

Nurses walking between buildings
The ambulance ready to take a critically wounded patient to the airport for transfer to Brazzaville.

There's a story behind this picture. When Mama Giselle was washing laundry in our front yard, she came to get me, telling me with excitement to bring my camera. I didn't get all of what she said, but it sounded like there was a decapitated animal in our front yard. Unsure if I wanted a picture of THAT, I still grabbed the camera, and ran out to see. It turns out that there was some type of animal with its head stuck in a bottle. At first we couldn't tell what it was, and we were all afraid to touch it! It turned out to be a young cat. After attracting a bit of a crowd with all the excitement, she was able to get him free, and he ran way.

Some of the MKs had a time with Christoffer Knuff, the owner of Knuthenborg Safaripark in Denmark.  They loved hearing him talk about animals.


A drive by shot of the market
Isabelle found these beautiful pink flowers
This man saw me with the camera, and really wanted his picture taken. His wife was a little more hesitant, and you can see she's hiding partly behind him.
Local transport- some men moving wood for a job

No comments: